MILCO Window Repair Parts Order

A handy person from Davenport, FL says:

I was able to find on your website the two Spiral Balances I need (S400-31), the two metal brackets #62 (17-062) and the Spiral Balance Charging Tool for Non-tilt Windows (75-005). I need to order these parts as soon as possible, but I have four small plastic parts that hopefully you can help me find to include in my order.

I have uploaded five images of the small plastic clip(s) and my window. These clips each fit into one of the four holes in the side of my MILCO Window frame / sash (reference FrameHoleForClips image) for the purpose of holding the window in place in the channel. These clips are meant to be removed for window repair(s).

It is a two-part clip normally connected by a thin plastic tail. It is in the hole (reference FrameHoleForClip image) as a side by side unit. I am holding the clip ? as seen in "ClipImage-4" ? as it would normally be installed.

One part of the combined clip (the one with the teeth) is 1/2" long by 3/16" wide. The other piece is 1/2" long tall by 1/16" wide and it has a small grove/channel that is placed in the hole first. Together they are 1/4 wide as seen in "ClipImage-4".

Thank you in advance,

Steven

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ClipImage-1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ClipImage-2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ClipImage-3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FrameHoleForClip.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ClipImage-4.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello,
Thank you for posting! Based on the information provided it sounds like you may have something similar to that of our 17-097. Included below are the products dimensions, if the available pieces you have match to this than it should be able to complete your project. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Dimensions for 17-097
Dimensions for 17-097
If you would like to make a purchase you may use our online option of adding to your cart.
Or you may give us a call at (856)-317-6263 so one  of our customer service associates may assist you in placing your order.
A home owner from 32735 says:
I recently bought a home with Milco windows. Several of them are foggy. Three upper fixed windows and two lower tilt windows. There are also a number of broken balance springs. Can you help?
Profile picture of Tom

We can help with the balance springs, but unfortunately not the foggy glass. For that, you will need new panes; I recommend contacting a local glass shop to swap them out for you.

As for the balances, we sell a wide selection so there's a decent chance we have what you need. You can see our full inventory here. I'm also happy to make a recommendation for you, but I will need photos of the original balances to use as a reference.

A handy person from Orlando says:
Do you have a video or instructions on how to remove a non-tilt sash on Milco windows to change balances?
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry to say that I'm not familiar with that brand of window. What type of balances are these? Are they spiral, as mentioned above, or some other type? Could we see photos of the balance in question and how they attach to the window?

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.