M&W 2852 window latch

A home owner from Fremont, OH says:
The window tilt latch fell to pieces. Looking for replacement for M&W 2852 windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4428.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4429.jpg
Need replacement latches for an M&W 2852 windows if you have any.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4428.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4429.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This looks very similar in design to our 26-243 and 26-244. I think these may work for you but look them over and let me know what you think!

The tab part on that style extends into the window casing. I would have to trim about a third of the tab or cut a notch in the casing. Cutting the tab would not leave much holding the window in. I already had a couple of similar latches as you can see in the photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4441.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4442.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

If the housing dimensions match, I would still use the 26-243 and 26-244 tilt latches that Tom recommended. That extra padding in the "tooth" pushes the sash towards the outside to give a tighter fit to the weather stripping. It shouldn't interfere with the operation of your window.

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.