Magnetic Flat Door Handle 3"

A home owner from NYC says:
eed replacements. doesn't have to be magnetic just has to fit existing hardware. appreciate any assistance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CC203431-652E-4F1E-9512-1F9CFD606179_1_105_c.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I have never seen a handle like this before, unfortunately. I'm not sure if anything we sell can replace this.

Before we go any further, can you tell me what kind of door this is for? Can you also show me a photo of what it looks like installed also a clear shot of the mortise it interacts with (if any)? Lastly, what is the distance between the two installation holes, center-to-center?

I have to stress that your handle has a very, very strange design. There's a good chance we don't have anything that can replace this but I will do my best.

Thank you very much for your response. They used some unusual parts for this condo. As you can see it's three screws. The distance between the top and bottom screws is 2 3/8ths inches (1 3/16ths between all three screws). The magnet is strong so after a few pulls the plastic handle just breaks. I just need a flat piece with a flat handle that I can screw in. Anything that you have that might work?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A62A8CFA-C1B4-4E97-ABB8-87DF913259B0_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0A8E839D-AD1A-48EB-8D4E-F5AE8864B63A_1_105_c.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! Since this is for a screen door, you may be able to use our 83-006 as an alternative. This is a surface-mount style latch so it doesn't need to interact with any mechanism inside the door itself. The downside is that you do need to mount the keeper on the frame to align with the new hook, and I'm not sure if you'd have the space for it or not. 

Either way look it over and see what you think. It also has a hole spacing of 2-3/8" so no drilling would be necessary.

Inside handle measurements for 83-006
Inside handle measurements for 83-006

Outside handle measurements for 83-006
Outside handle measurements for 83-006

Keeper measurements for 83-006
Keeper measurements for 83-006

Thank you so much man. Does that latch screw off? I'll order a few.
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, I believe that latch is just held in place with a Phillips head screw.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.