Markings on the Balance are 27C BD5 CMC 87

A handy person from Spring, Tx says:
One of my locking shoes broke. The windows were manufactured in 2008 by a now out of business company called Champion Windows. The shoes appear to be 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" x 9/16". Balance has 27C BD5 CMC 87 on it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9455.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9454.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9412.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thanks for reaching out to us. I think I recognize this balance, but I believe this is a special type. I'm not 100% sure, though, so please give me just a little more time to track it down and confirm. I will let you know the moment I have more information on this.

Thanks Tom....let me know if you need anything additional....
Profile picture of Tom

Hello! I did, as a matter of fact. Can you just tell me if you needed the whole balance, or just the shoe? We may be able to get these separately, but I'd like you to answer that before I get confirmation. Thanks!

I would be good with 4 shoes if I can get them....2 I need and 2 for future spares....Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Gotcha, thanks for confirming! That makes things a lot easier, I thought you had needed the whole balance, but if all you need is the shoe then I recommend our 15-265 pivot carrier/post assembly. I believe this to be a good match for your original part, but look it over and let me know what you think. It's a stock part and no special order is necessary!

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response.

The shape looks good. My concern is the 1" stated width as my channels are +- 1-1/4" wide. There is slight side to side shoe movement in the channel, but I have yet to attempt to remove the broken shoe to confirm the actual shoe width, but will now do so the get an actual dimension and go forward from there.

Regards
Profile picture of Tom

Sounds like a plan! If your shoe ends up being a different size compared to ours, please let me know and I will do my best to find a better match.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.