Marvin Window sash weather stripping

Home Owner from Edmond, OK
Apr 20, 2019 12:37 pm
Hello,

Do you have replacement weather stripping that would fit my Marvin casement windows?

Pictures of the existing weather stripping, both installed and removed, are attached, as well as pictures of the whole window. If it helps, these are the original windows and the house was built about 21 years ago, in 1998.

I've looked at pictures of weather stripping on your web site, and none seem to be like the weather stripping in my Marvin windows.

There doesn't seem to be an identifying numbers on the weather stripping, but there are numbers on some of the metal parts connected to the crank. Let me know if any of those numbers would be helpful.
IMG_7930 IMG_7925 IMG_7926 IMG_7928 IMG_7929
5 user uploaded images
7 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Apr 23, 2019 7:44 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for writing in. Could you show us a clearer picture of the weatherstripping's 'end profile'? That cross-section view will help us see if we have a possible replacement. Many thanks. 

Home Owner from Edmond, OK
Apr 23, 2019 9:04 am
Hello, I'm attaching pictures, but I've also figured out that the sash weather stripping is Marvin's V-195 and the frame is V-138. I'll need about 300 feet of each. Do you have it? If so, please quote me a price.

Thanks,
profile frame weatherstripping profile sash weatherstripping
2 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 23, 2019 9:30 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid we don't have an exact match for this seal. Marvin hardware is often very difficult to replace; they have exclusive rights on most of the windows and won't allow companies like us to supply.

That said, your weatherseal doesn't look too complicated. Our 58-055 may work as a substitute. If you wanted to, you can order a sample of it here to try out first to be sure. I'd be very curious to know if it's compatible.

Handy Person from allentown PA
Oct 29, 2021 11:24 am
Width= 3/4" tab height=3/16"
IMG_0514
1 user uploaded images
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Nov 2, 2021 8:59 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Take a look at the different types of bubbles we've related for you that are commonly used on casement windows to see if one of them would work for your window. One of the weather seals kind of resembles the 58-173, which is used in entry doors. Look them over and see what you think. 

Landlord from Michigan
Aug 11, 2023 3:52 pm

Hi, I'm also looking for the same wheatherstrip of this topic, for Marvin wood windows from 94/95 for the Sash and the Frame.

Do you have a definition about what's the best replacement part for this model?

Thank you.

Henrique 

Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 11, 2023 4:15 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

As mentioned in our responses above, we do not carry an exact replacement but the seals related on this page would be our best replacement options. Take a look and review the specifications on our product pages to determine if one of the could work for your application. Thank you. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts