Mastic Window Balances

A contractor from Connecticut says:
Good Afternoon. I am looking for replace window balances for Mastic double hung windows. The overall length is 31". Please let me know if you need additional information.

David
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190916_140954.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190916_141000.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, David. This looks like a channel balance for a tilt window, but that's about all I can say from these photos. When it comes to tilt window channel balances, one of the key details is how the balance attaches to the pivot shoe. There should be a clip or hook, or even the shoe itself, located at the bottom of the balance. Sometimes it's at the end of the cord (assuming it extends from the bottom) but sometimes it's installed in the metal channel itself. Before we can recommend a match, we'll need to see that piece.

A contractor from Connecticut says:
Hi Tom

Here is the additional information on the balance pivot shoe/clip. I hope this helps identify what balances we need.

David
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191101_105724.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is perfect, actually, thank you so much! That terminal clip is identical to the one on our Series 770 channel balance. Based on your stamp, I'd specifically recommend the S770-31. Look it over and let me know if you agree.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.