Matching an Existing Channel Balance for Replacement

A quick learner from Illinois says:
I removed a worn out Channel Balance for matching up to replace. Markings on the face are 33500 B.5.I. Not sure on the B.5.I This is stamped perpendicular to the 33500 and is not stamped equally. The channel is 1/2"W, 34"L. The ends match up to the S350. Am I on the correct path?
Also, any pointers on getting the window out? I tried like the video, but did not have enough clearence to get by the window frame. The Channel Balance I have slid out the bottom of the window and the other is at the upper take out clip.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe I can help you. Raise the sash past the take out clip to unhook the balances from the sash. Raise the sash above the bottom balance shoes. Push the sash to one side and swing the opposite side out from the track. For your S350-34 channel balance, and not 33", you would use the 3350 spring option. Hopefully this will provide some clarity to you.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.