Metal Bi-Fold Door Hardware

A contractor from Lancaster, Pa. says:

Dear Sir,

We are doing renovation on multiple apartments with older metal bi-fold doors. The hardware for most of the doors needs to be replaced. I have attached pictures of one set of doors and the existing hardware.

I do realize that most of the nylon bushings are missing and the pin in picture #1431 is an incorrect replacement.

Could you tell me what the correct part numbers are for each corner so that we can place an order.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks, Joe

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1432.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1428.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1429.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1430.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1431.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Joe. Can you tell me the diameter of the pins, as well as the diameter of the caps atop the pins? Also is there any other manufacturer info on the door you can show us? We'll do our best to assist you from there. 

A contractor from Lancaster, Pa. says:
Attached are pictures of the hinge pins with dimensions

Thanks, Joe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 30118FF3-A48A-4DE8-8DE9-485AEFBF0A64.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DCC945F4-7364-41F7-8EFB-69EA6BB9B02B.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You have the old Float-a-way bi-fold doors. The replacement parts are dwindling and many are not available. We suggest converting over to the Slimfold door pins. You will need to replace the tracks with the new pins. We pulled up the parts you will need. We suggest doing one set of doors with a pair of tracks, one 21-001 bottom adjusting pin and three 21-007 spring loaded pins per panel. You will will need two 21-277 bumpers and, if the old bushing are worn, the 21-152 & 21-153.

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install bi-fold closet door pins
How to install bi-fold closet door pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.