Metal Door Replacement Parts

A home owner from Atlanta, GA says:
Hi,

I have three 1970s metal bifold closet doors that I'm hoping to find replacement parts for. I removed the doors to have my floors replaced and many of the parts have been broken or misplaced. I'm hoping to find replacement pins, brackets, clamps, bumpers, tracks, and anything else needed to completely replace the parts. Thanks so much for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 295C55B9-EF24-4639-9C73-98E5AE7672B5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EACC7267-5BB8-42AF-B3A9-D326112994F5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F7972424-6C26-4557-9C50-49CEEFFF1579.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7874AB9D-22B5-470F-B98C-1F815A81398B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4F2F6314-69D1-46C9-ACF9-F532E9E9E021.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not carry exact replacements for the parts shown in your photos but we suggest converting your bifold doors to use Slimfold pins. You will also need to replace the tracks in addition to the new pins. We've related the parts you will need on this page. 

We suggest starting by replacing a pair of tracks with one of the related options depending on the length of the originals. You'll also need one 21-001 bottom adjusting pin and three 21-007 spring-loaded pins for one set of doors. You will need two 21-277 bumpers, as well as 21-149 and 21-153 if the old bushing is worn. Take a look and thanks for posting. 

A home owner from Atlanta, GA says:
Thank you so much for your response! This is very helpful! I have a few follow up questions. How many bushings and grommets do I need per door section? Also, one of my doors has a 21" opening. Do you suggest buying a 3' track and trimming it down or is there another option? Thanks again for your help!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You'll only need to replace the nylon grommets that are worn or broken. Your original grommets that are still in good shape will work with the replacement pins. I suggest doing one door set before buying new parts for all of the doors. For the narrow door, you would need to cut down the 36" track to fit the opening. The tracks are aluminum, so they can be easily cut to size with a hacksaw.

How to install bi-fold closet door pins
How to install bi-fold closet door pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.