Metal bi- fold door bottom track

A home owner from Fond du Lac, WI says:
I am looking for the low profile track assembly that appears to be what is installed on the top track. The bottom track was discarded and later needed. I don't see that size option so can you make suggestion please. 2- 24" or a 72" cut to size? Or a vendor that carries that product. Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Most metal bifold door tracks are meant to work for both the top and bottom, our 21-455 included. These aren't made in "top" or "bottom" variants.

You also don't state what size you actually need, so I'm not sure what lengths would be the ideal combination. They can be cut down if necessary, though.

My apologies, I have a 48" opening where the original track was located.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! That makes sense. Two 24" tracks would be the easiest to install, since you can probably put them into the opening right out of the box. However you'd have to butt them together as seamlessly as possible for them to work, and even then the seam between tracks might cause issues years from now after so much use. It's unavoidable.

Cutting a 72" track down to size would avoid that entirely but it is more work. I guess it just depends on whether you want a hassle now, or later.

Tom, thanks for you input. I'll go with the 72" track and cut it to size.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.