Metal frame folding doors hardware

A home owner from Florida says:
Hi, my name is Maddy. I have a few metal doors that need new hardware but I'm not sure which one are the right ones and local hardware store does not not carry. can you please advise me on what I will need to make this doors work like new? I will appreciate your help on me placing an order to find what i need.

Thanks,
Maddy
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Maddy. You have a Float-A-Way door. At this time, we only have the 21-033 threaded pins with a nylon cap, and the 21-035 pins without the cap. For the spring-loaded guide pins, we only have the nylon caps, 21-104.

Thank you so much for your help. So you don't have the spring loaded pins for the top only cap?
Profile picture of Paul

Yes, that is correct. We are still searching but haven't had any luck.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

Yes Paul thanks for your repond. I took down the rest of the doors and notice that the hardware are slightly different. thanks God I havent place the order. Lol
this is the other door, not sure if I can use the same hardware you previously told me or if for this door are different. Also if you can advise me about re using the pivot or if I need to change it all. Thanks looks forward to hearing from you soon!
Profile picture of Paul

This one is a very old Slimfold bi-fold door. Don't mix up the parts with the other door, because they come from two totally different companies! For the threaded pivot pin, you can use 21-001, and for the other three guide pins, use 21-065.

Thank you so much for all your help. Dew La more confident on re- usimg my door.

I was out of town and didn't have a chance to put up the hardware. I finally started but pin caps are not the right size. They fit big. These images show the size of the pins that the door had. I place my order based on the suggestion I received on my previous conversation with you.

D4
D2
D5
D6
Profile picture of Paul

Thanks! The door pins in these photos are for the old Slimfold doors. The threaded pin should be our 21-001, and for the spring loaded guide pin I'd recommend our 21-065. Which door are you using these nylon caps?

Hi- I have 4 of this doors, the pivots are all good all I need is to replace the caps. the one I order diden't fit.
Profile picture of Paul

I believe you're talking about the 21-106 bifold cap, whose inside diameter is 3/16". We also have the 21-100 nylon cap with a 1/4" inside diameter, would that work?

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.