Milgard French Door Weatherstripping Replacement

A contractor from Los Angeles, CA says:
I uploaded a photo of exactly what I need alomg with the specs of the door.
Do you have a replacement -

Thanks,

Paula
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You said that you uploaded a photo of exactly what you needed, plus the door specs, but all I ended up with were the door specs. It's possible a photo was missing.

I'm afraid that by themselves, those door specs don't reflect on the weatherstripping that is needed. That window could have used any of a number of weatherstrips. We would need to see the old weatherstrip that you're looking to replace in order to make a recommendation. At the very least, we need a cross-section diagram with measurements to show us what you are looking for.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I need to specifically see the weatherstrip, not just its position on the door. There are many factors that go into the replacement strip, such as the width of the routed channel that holds the weatherseal (if there even is a channel), the way the seal attaches, and the finer details of its shape.

A weatherstrip diagram would look something like this. You can just take a photo of your strip from the same angle, if you like. Whatever is easiest. We just need some more info to start researching with.

Profile view of 58-056E
Profile view of 58-056E
Where it says need one piece weatherstrip. That's the picture I was referring to-Bottom black soft foam rubber that goes along the bottom of the door.

Thanks
Alright- passing on to my boss.

Thanks
I'd like to snip off a piece of it and mail it to you.
can you send me mailing address and whose attention ?

How long of a piece do you need?
Best,

Paula
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

You can mail us a sample at 7030 Colonial Hwy, Pennsauken NJ 08109 with attention Samples Department. Thanks.

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! We received your sample and believe you can use our 58-201 swinging door compression foam seal. The differences are we don't have the extra flap seal on the end and the width is 9/16" compared to your 1/2". Let us know what you think! 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.