Milgard Window Top sash guide

A handy person from Colorado Springs says:
Hello,
I searched your site looking for top sash guides for my broken window. I purchased two S385-26 parts not knowing that my top sash guide was also broken. I found part number 18-008 and 18-008H but mine are much smaller then those height wise. Mine are 1 3/8 inches long and the screw hole is only 3/4 inch from the top. They are however also 5/8 inch wide like parts 18-008 and 18-008H. Do you have smaller one's like I described or should I just purchase 18-008H and make new screw holes in the window. Please let me know what you recommend.

Thanks,
Robert
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to help determine the best possible replacement solution for your top sash guide. However, I will need to see a photo of the existing guide to identify it.

There may be other details I'll need to see and it will help to ensure I am providing you with the best possible recommendation.

A handy person from Colorado Springs says:
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0084.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0083.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0082.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0081.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the photos. We do not carry an exact match for the type of top sash guide you are searching for as your isn't made anymore, however, our 18-009 might be worth considering as a replacement. 

You will need to trim down the edges from the top of the guide to install them. So please be aware that any altered parts are non-returnable.

Take a look at the measurements and see what you think.

Detail of 18-009
Detail of 18-009

Side view of 18-009
Side view of 18-009

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.