Milgard balancer and vent stops needed

A quick learner from Federal Way, WA says:
Hi folks,
I have a single-hung Milgard window that needs a 40-pound balancer per the attached image. I'm also in need of two pairs of those 2" U-shaped plastic vent stops that fit in the channel above the sash. One pair of 1" wide, and one pair of 1.5" wide.

I'm quite familiar with the operation and installation of the balancer and stops.
Dave
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hi, Dave. Let's hop to it. To begin, this is a 27" balance (verify that, though), and when you go to select your "stamp option" you need to select 2640. However, check your sash weight. A 26 4 stamp usually indicates a weight between 19 and 26. If your sash weighs more than that, let us know.

The final part to the identification is the Series. You're dealing with either the Series 385 or the Series 380. The difference between the two lies in the shoe. Measure as shown below, and select a Series 380 if it measures 1", and Series 385 if it measures 1-3/32", as shown below.

If you'd like us to identify any further parts like a vent stop, send photos of each part.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
A home owner from Federal Way, WA says:
Thanks, Mike! I'll check out the measurements this weekend and get back to you.

Dave DC
A home owner from Federal Way says:
Okay, I got a chance to measure the balancer. You're right, it's 27". The shoe is 1 3/32", so definitely a Series 385. I don't have a scale for the sash, but I'm confident the 2640 is the right choice (both balancers are labelled the same), so went ahead and ordered. Thank you for the info!

I've attached a couple photos of the vent stops. They're just a couple U-shaped pieces of plastic with a hooked edge on the top of the U, so to speak. The pair in the photos are 1.75" long and 1.25" wide. I need an identical pair with these, and another pair that is 1.5" wide (that window has a wider channel). I could probably fabricate a pair with some PVC pipe, but figured I'd get the originals if I could.
Sash stop
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we don't have this exact window stop. We do have the 55-043, which is 1" at the top and 1-1/4" at the flare end. The depth is 13/16" and the length is 4", but it can be cut down with a hacksaw for a clean cut.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Awesome, I'm glad you were able to determine the balance you needed! As for these sash stops, I'm afraid we are not able to replace them. These are made specific to the window manufacturer, and you would only be able to get them directly from that source. I apologize for the inconvenience.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.