Milgard casement latch

Home Owner from Scotts Valley, CA
Sep 12, 2018 1:58 pm
Hi:

Thought I'd identified this as your #38-095, but after measuring again, I'm not sure. Mounting holes are definitely 3 7/8" spacing.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Pete
6 Replies
Sep 12, 2018 2:11 pm
Just realized the angle of the dimensions pic has distorted the dimensions. Outer edge to outer edge is 4 9/16". Radiused "recess" dimension is 4 1/4".

I think the rest is pretty clear. Thanks again!
Sep 18, 2018 11:55 am
Got your email this morning saying you're still working on this, thanks.

I'm an idiot. Mounting holes are FOUR and 7/8", not 3 7/8". Looks like the only difference between this and your #38-095 is the 1/16" difference in the mounting dimension. That would be 1/32" per hole... I'm guessing the tolerances in the window frame aren't that tight. Your thoughts?

Going to be ordering a couple of 39-253s, as well. Sorry for the incorrect info initially!
Sep 18, 2018 11:59 am
Scratch that. 3 7/8" is correct. I'm old, I'm tired, and I'm working with a ruler that has 1" as the starting point.

I'm also highly embarrassed ;)

Again, let me know if the 1/16" (1/32" per hole) delta in the mounting dimension is meaningful. Thanks again.
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Sep 19, 2018 11:06 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for contacting us. I agree that our 38-095 is similar, but I think you may want to instead consider our 38-138 and 38-139. I personally think our 38-138 is a closer match, but the most important dimension is the projection of the fork. All the other important dimensions seem to be on point, too. See what you think.

Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Sep 19, 2018 12:58 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

You're welcome! Thanks for your order.

Sep 19, 2018 1:28 pm
Hi Dave:

Looks like #38-139 is the one. I'll get the order placed later today. Thanks for your help!
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts