Milgard single hung window balance cable, hook and eyelete

A quick learner from Los Angeles says:
I am looking for the crimp hook,crimp eyelets and cable. The cable came apart at the hook. The cable length is 34". Can these parts be obtained? Many thanks.

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid you cannot replace the cord on a channel balance. If yours has broken, you need to replace the whole balance.

I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)