Milgard window balance replacement

A home owner from seattle says:

I am looking to replace the balances for a Milgard window. It is 27 inches long and is marked at 26 4 HN Caldwell. There are wings on both nylon end pieces. I have attached photos. Please let me know if you are able to replace these (I would like two, even though only one is broken as the "good one" has corrosion of the spring and is 20 years old). And the price for each replacement.

Thank you,

Burley 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4701.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4697.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4698.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4699.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4702.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello, 

With this combination of attachments, you could have either an S380-27 or S385-27 channel balance. You’ll need to measure as shown below. The Series 380 has a 1" bottom attachment, and the Series 385 has a 1-3/32" attachment. You'll also need 2640 spring strength options for your replacement balances.

Thank you and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
A home owner from seattle says:
Thank you for the prompt reply. Mine appears to be the S385-27 (1 3/32"). I'm not sure what you mean 2640 spring strength options. Does the S385 have that? If so, I would like to order 2 of the S385-27 balances. Please let me know how to proceed.
Cheers,
Burley
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Great, you'll find a list of strength options to choose from on the S385-27 product page. Based on the 26 4 stamped on your original balance, you would need a 2640 strength option to support a sash weighing between 19 and 26 lbs. You are welcome to place an order directly on the website or feel free to give our customer service team a call at (888) 991-1929 for assistance. 

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.