Milgard window balancer

A quick learner from California says:
I took a photo of the label: milgard Series 5220/5231/5270 H-C40-54x90

The label on the balancer is: 32DS (BS ND) 49L. DS meaning Double Spring? 49L meaning 49lbs and L for Lower Sash ( Vs. U for Upper Sash) ?

I am not 100% sure about the shoe width, 1" or 1 1/8", it looks like it's more than 1" , but less than 1 1/8".

Which part should I order?

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top_bottom_shoe_no_wedge.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named shoe_high_1inch.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named shoe_width_1in_less_than_1_one_eighth_inch.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named shoe_width_greater_than_1inch_less_than_1.125inch.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named milgard_5220_5231_5270_H-C40-54x90.jpeg
A home owner from California says:
If it's 49lbs, from the catalog, it seems it can support up to 42-45 lbs (3275)? Is there more options to support > 45lbs?

Also not very clear on 32DS (Double Spring), do you have parts for Double Spring?

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 32DS49L  BSI
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. We can supply this balance, but it has to be a custom order due to its heavy duty spring. You correctly deduced that the "DS" stands for "Double Spring" and that the 49L represents the weight of the sash. 

Concerning shoe depth, your original was probably 1-1/8" originally but wore down from use. Happens all the time. 

Before we go any further, can you just tell me how many you need? Once I have quantity, I can email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site.

A home owner from California says:
I would need 4 of these for 2 windows.

Also I might need the anchor (a screw tighten this anchor to the sash) on the side of the window sash that would grab on the top of the balancer.

I will wait for your email for the quote. Is the shipping charge per balancer? can it be less if combined 4 balancers in 1 order?

Thanks,
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, I'll email you a purchase link now for 4 balances. You can use that to place an order on our site.

The shipping charge is not per balance, its for the whole order. We offer a few different delivery methods, all with different costs, that you can review before the order is finalized.

As for the anchor, I'm not sure I know what that is. Can you show it to me?

A home owner from McMinnville OR says:

Good morning, I am looking for a replacement Balance Channel. Could you please review my information and let me know what the replacement part number is with Swisco. The balancer is on a Milgard window and is 27" long excluding the plastic ends, the channel is 5/8" on the wide side and just over 1/2" on the covered side. With the following ink stamp information ( 26 5 BV CMC 2 ) please see the attached photos.

Thanks for your help with this matter

Keith 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0892.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0891.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0890.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for your photos. Based on what I see here, you have either our S380-27 or S385-27, depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. That's the only difference between them. I recommend measuring your shoe and referring to our dimensions to confirm the best match.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.