Milguard (?) Please help me with a few technical questions

A home owner from Running Springs CA says:

Initial SWISCO Order #1792323

The following is the Swisco "Handle set" item I am using as a reference for our pending conversation:

KEYED MORTISE STYLE HANDLE SET, 4-15/16"

Product Code: 82-081

Do I need the following part for the door latch mechanism to function correctly? (I had been told that it is not necessary).

STRIKE PLATE COVER

Product Code: 89-043

Do you have this in stock?

• PIC 0162: The small recessed button which (when pushed), allows locking fingers to extend and engage into the "milti-point striker"... Question: Will the door be able to be locked from inside the house (without using key), by using only the "ROTO MULTI-POINT MORTISE LATCH LEVER" Product Code: 82-240? It appears that the latching fingers do not extend to lock unless the little recessed buttion is pushed. What pushes it?? Is the STRIKE PLATE COVER involved in some way in the pushing of this recessed button??
  • PIC 0161: I was also told this rolled metal sleeve was not absolutely required for the functioning of the mechanism. Is this true? I hope so since mine is damaged beyond repair. Is this a part you have in stock?
  • PIC 0166: This key/tumbler was accuired at a local locksmith (it was out of stock at Swisco?) The photo shows the (missing?) brass pin. The key spins endlessly within the door handle... Is this repalacable at an average locksmith shop? Do you have this 'tumbler' in stock?

A phone conversation on these topics would be greatly appreciated as the quickest route to resolving these issues, and answering these questions.

I am greatful for your support! I would look forward to your reply! Can you please leave a message, and your name so I can call you right back... because I will NOT recognize your phone number. Thanks again! Jim 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0162.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0161.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0159.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0163.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0166.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Jim. I'm afraid I cannot help you over the phone. We can only correspond right here on this page. I hope that's okay.

I'll go over your questions one at a time.

• To start out, the 89-043 is not necessary, no. Your keeper will function perfectly fine without it. 
  • You can absolutely lock the door from the inside using the thumb lever, yes. In fact, that is its only function. The button is depressed by the keeper when the door is closed. This feature is to prevent you from closing the door while the hooks are extended, which would cause irreparable damage to the door frame.
  • Concerning the rolled metal sleeve in picture 0161, I actually don't know what that is. Did it fall out of the handle set or the door? Can you clarify what its function is?
  • The 82-081 handle set already comes with a key lock, as shown on its store page, so there is no need to buy an extra tumbler. 

Hopefully this information helps. Let me know if you wanted to know anything else.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.