Mirror Closet Door Roller

A quick learner from Mirror closet track says:
Swisco,

We are replacing two closet door tracks in master bedroom. One track is roughly 60", the other (longer) track is 103" long. They are bronze nickel in color, as such we ordered the concave tracks that are available in this color (which are to receive convex rollers). The existing condition is switched - concave rollers with convex tracks. I am confused which convex rollers to replace the existing concave ones (please see attached photo). The roller insert is currently 3 inches tall, 1.5" roller diameter, with roller insert frame being 1 3/4".

Additionally - is there any extra consideration for joining two tracks to span the 103" section - or can they simply be butt-jointed together with no transition?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 065707C5-F96F-4050-A8B1-31BAF5029346.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

I'm a bit confused. Concave rollers are only compatible with concave roller tracks and convex rollers are compatible with convex roller tracks. For example, the 23-081 convex roller wouldn't work with the 23-270 concave roller track. Take a look at the video I've posted below which will go over the differences.

The roller in your picture resembles our 23-028 concave roller which uses the 23-270, 23-271 and 23-272 tracks. For the 60" and 103" track, you can use two smaller tracks, cut off the excess with a hacksaw and then butt them together. 

A quick learner from Mirror closet track says:
Hi Emily,

Sorry for not being clear. We are switching the system from concave roller to convex rollers since swisco didn't have the bronze nickel(?) color available. Which convex roller works with my current door given the new concave track?

OK - understood on butting together tracks.

Thanks,
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Concave and convex tracks are not interchangeable. Concave rollers are designed to only work with concave roller tracks and convex rollers can only work with convex roller tracks. You cannot use a convex roller with a concave roller track. I highly recommend watching the video I linked you to previously that will show you their differences.

As a policy, we always recommend sticking with the hardware that's original to your door as you'll most likely run into issues that we can't foresee. 

With that said, I'm afraid I can't recommend a new roller to go with your new track. It would depend entirely on the space available in your door so you'd need to see if any of our Convex Sliding Closet Door Rollers would fit in your existing door to work with the new convex track. Switching from your original concave system to something different isn't as easy as it may sound, unfortunately. 

Alternatively, you could stick with your original concave track and roller system and just buy a white track that could be spray painted a bronze nickel color. This would save you time and money. 

Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
 Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.