Mirrored bifold apartment door hardware

A contractor from USA says:

Hi folks, have you ever seen this hardware.? Any chance we could find replacement hardware for these bi-fold door that are mirrored. Here are a couple of images of the details of the existing.

Many thanks,

Kevin 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 137229F0-0B5A-48EF-8526-B9D4E1A47D07.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 804E47DC-3B71-4DB1-BEAC-C2E1B31542EE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ACC36C79-6190-4F78-9892-A4B54DBCD7F3_1_201_a.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E0B36B6C-FB87-41BE-B270-B84E7B391C9F.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I would recommend starting by comparing the specifications of the 23-407 corner block, 23-115 top pivot, and 23-120 roller guide to your original hardware. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you. 

Casey, you guys, as usual, are just AWESOME.! Thanks for your reply, I have the doors in my possession now so I will look at that corner block specs and the other items. I think I will take some precise photos and send you a couple with the dimensions and see if we can come up with a solution. Many thanks,

Kevin
Hi folks, we have checked our hardware. The links you sent us match EXACTLY what we have existing. The 23-407 corner block, the 23-115 spring loaded top pivot, and the 23-120 Top roller guide. So I will order those parts. Do you sell the track (top and bottom) that I would need.? We need to replace the tracks as well. Thanks for your reply. Kevin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4583.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4581.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4582.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4577.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 68624806668__E258E7CF-B03F-4720-BBB9-179FE03CB1AB.
Profile picture of Casey

Great, take a look and compare the specifications of the tracks that we've related on this page, including the bracket that the pins engage with and the length to match your original tracks. 

Hi Casey, thanks again. If the track links that you sent me are intended to work with the top pivots and corner blocks etc, then I think we're good. We had an unusual opening size; 87 1/2" long. I imagine that I can join/splice the tracks yes..?? We have two pair of bifold doors.

One other question; are the tracks that you show (21-455 for example), are they intended for both the top track and bottom track, or is there another track that I need.?? Thanks, Kevin
Profile picture of Casey

The 21-455 tracks can be used for the top and bottom of the door and you could use two of them to compensate for the larger opening but you'd have to butt them together as seamlessly as possible for them to work. Even then, the seam between tracks might cause issues years from now after so much use. I would recommend using one 72" long 21-455 and cutting a 24" long 21-450 down to size to fit your door opening. 

Hi Casey, OK thanks, great idea. Something else that just occurred to me now that you mention the seam between the tracks. Let me know your thoughts on this: since these are bi-fold doors (see sketch I attached) they meet in the center of the whole opening. Roughly two pairs of doors- so 4 doors- each about 21 3/4" wide. What if I got two 72" tracks for the top and bottom, and made the seam exactly in the centerline of the opening.? The pivots and the roller guides are set in about 3/4" from the edge of each door, so MAYBE THE HARDWARE WILL NEVER TOUCH THE SEAM.!! That is, when we close or open the doors the pivots or rollers get close to the seam but don't really touch it. Does that make sense.?? Let me know your thoughts.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4653.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I would recommend using the 21-286 snugger for the seam between the tracks where the doors meet, which will prevent issues later on. 

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.