Mirrored closet door

A home owner from Laguna Niguel, CA says:
Nylon wheels have lost their edges. Looking to replace wheels. Is the wheel assembly available so I don't have to punch a rivet or drill anything? It popped out easily, hoping to pop one right back in.
No markings found.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E8118635-8BF0-4534-A1EE-3680A952F54C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 24762CC4-9E29-4D6D-8A63-0A27833BAAF7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4D090D7F-4F3D-4636-ABCC-315615A95165.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C9EEA01B-0618-40D0-91E7-78A2998627C7.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The part you popped out is just the inside portion of the roller assembly. In order to ID a match, we need to see the whole assembly, which includes the outer housing. Let me know if that's something you can get for us.

Unfortunately, the housing is attached in such a way that I can not unscrew it from the door. Is it possible, from looking at the measurement picture, to give me options of what that inside portion might be?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm not able to ID this either. We really need to see the outer housing out of the door. Too many important details are obscured; these rollers all kind of look the same while they're installed. You could consider our 23-288 roller to see if this could be the one you are looking for, but it is just an educated guess.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That doesn't necessarily mean that the 23-288 won't work for you but, as Dave mentioned, all we can do is make educated guesses until we can see the entire housing removed from the door with dimensions to compare to our inventory. 

Are you thinking the steel wheels will be okay as a replacement? Won't the steel wheels scratch and grind away the bottom plate that it slides on?
I am thinking of ordering one just to see if it works.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Steel wheels versus nylon wheels is always a tradeoff. Nylon wheels are kinder to the track but tend to break earlier, especially since mirror doors are so heavy. Steel wheels can be a little rougher on tracks, but they last a lot longer.

Either way, we do not have a version of this roller with a nylon wheel. We do sell a couple nylon wheels separately that you can use. See our 81-228, 81-236, 81-237, and 81-116. We also sell the 81-310 axle set.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.