Mismatched balances

A quick learner from united states says:
I am repairing a single hung window. I removed the channel balances, and they are not the same. No wonder why it broke. A single spring on a wide window is less than adequate in my mind. I would have preferred two springs, one on each side, I presume they should be weaker springs since there are two of them. My window sash is 52 inches wide & weighs about 25 lbs. But, I cannot figure out what series, (380 385, etc) I have. Presume it has to do with the size of the channel but I don't know. Judging by the markings I can see, I have 2940 EL and a 2950 BS balances. I prefer to get two of the same, unless you recommend otherwise. Please advise.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200723_154734.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you may need our Series 377 channel balance. There should be identical balances on both sides of the window. 

I would recommend that you weight the window sash to see which would work better for both replacement balances:  

2940- 23 to 28 lbs

2950- 28 to 32 lbs

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Take a look at the specifications on our S377-30 product page to determine what will work best for your window. Thank you!

A quick learner from united states says:
I stuck my bathroom scale under the window & the sash weighs ~25 lbs..
But it is split over two balances, L & R

Should I be looking for half the spring force? Like 12 lbs each side.
Thanks again.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

You would not split the weight of the sash between the two balances. Both balances need to be able to support the full weight of the sash, so you'll want 2940 options for both balances to support a 25-pound sash. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.