Mismatched strike plate/receiver?

A quick learner from San Francisco Bay Are says:
Hi,

I have a sliding patio door, that requires a lot of force to toggle the lock - so far my troubleshooting has indicated a mismatch between the lock-side and strike-place/receiver side (sorry, I don't know what these are called, but have included the photos). Basically, exactly at the center of the lock (handle side), there is a metal projection (it doesn't project out) which when depressed, allows the lock lever to operate freely. When door is closed, I assume something on the other end pushes this projection and the lock can operate freely.

However, in my instance, if you look at the receiver, there is nothing that can physically depress the center projection on the lock/handle side, and hence it requires a lot of force to operate the lock (basically lock the door when closed).

Can you look at the images and let me know if you have a replacement part for the receiver? I don't know the make/model of the door, but have included the AAMA label. Hope it helps.

Thank you.

-Amarendra
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photos, it looks like you have all the correct parts. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. I'm wondering if your 82-238 mortise lock has a broken center pin. That may be why it's not projecting past the face plate. I recommend that you remove your handle and lock from the door and try to throw the mortise manually, that might prove for sure that the problem is there.
A professional from CA says:
The tab that allows the door to lock is broken off. You should be able to poke a small screwdriver in the hole to prove it. You will most likely need a new mortise. I have rigged a couple up to work without the tab, but you would need to be fairly handy as well as lucky.
A quick learner from Bay Area, CA says:
Hi Dave, thanks for your advice, the mortise lock is indeed broken. I have placed an order for 82-238, and shall update the thread once I replace the broken lock. Thanks again for everyone on your team, and those who contributed to this thread.
A quick learner from Bay Area, CA says:
Fixed! The 82-238 was the perfect replacement part as recommended by SWISCO experts. Thanks a ton. Attached is the picture with the new lock.
Mismatched strike plate/receiver?
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.