Missing Sash Controls Mortise lock

A home owner from parsippany says:
Hello
Please find the attached file. Please suggest me that which mortise lock I need which fit perfectly in to my sliding glass door based on the dimensions.
Thanks
Rajesh
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Sash Controls Ferndale MI
2260 Taiwan
U.S. Patent 5125703
D340398
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think the 82-218 looks close. Will it fit in your door? Check the hole spacing and other dimensions.
A quick learner from New Jersey says:
THANKS FOR REPLY
Please let me know what is the part # of the keeper for 82-218( which is locking with the latch)

Thanks
Rajesh
Profile picture of Tom
Sure thing. It looks like you could use our 89-029. Does that seem right, based on the measurements?
Hello
My purchase for Part# 82-218. After your suggestion I purchased this part but unfortunately it doesn't fit in to the slot of the glass door. The total height of the slot in the glass door is 3 1/8" while the actual height of the lock which fit in to the slot is higher than 3 1/8". Can you please help me ? What can I do now?
Profile picture of Tom
I am almost certain the 82-218 can fit. They manufacturer never made another mortise with such a small difference. I've had many customers report that it's too big, but with a little work were able to install it successfully. I believe the manufacturer purposefully made the fit a little tight so to help it stay in place. See our video below for more information.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIMELY FEED BACK
You are right, it is perfect.
I appreciate your help and perfect knowledge of the product, you sell
Thanks again
Raj
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.