Missing Tie bar for one window in recently purchased home.

A home owner from Mandan, ND says:

To whom it may concern,

Recently, the tie bar guides on one of the Jeldwen windows broke in the house I purchased last year. So, I went to swipe a couple from other similar windows, just until I could get some more, but the previous home owner had already done this, and one bar was completely missing.

So, I called Jeldwen, and they referred me to your site. I found the guides, but the bar I'm not sure. My bar is 42 3/4" or(42.75")long with 3 interlock rollers, and you have the '42.9" Tie Bar, 3 Interlock Roller Product Code: 38-967' which looks like it will fit. Can you confirm this for me? I'm concerned about the roller placement once installed. If I ordered it and it didn't work, could I return it? Please advise.

Thank you, and have a great Thanksgiving holiday!

Rick

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Rick. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving, too. Thanks for waiting during the holiday break.

I'm afraid I don't know exactly what tie bar Jeldwen windows used. Odds are they used many, many different sizes across their various models. Based on your written description, though, it does sound like the 38-967 is a promising candidate, but I cannot confirm it. I can only tell you that it's the only tie bar we have that matches the description you've given.

The good news is that you can return it if it doesn't fit. You can see our return policy here.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.