Missing bottom piece of my window

A quick learner from Michigan says:
Hi,
I have carefree brand windows. And after taking the window out, I realize I'm missing bottom piece of window. Not sure if you have any kind of replacement ideas? I included photo's. The right bottom has the piece I need. Left is missing.
Thanks!

Sally
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named carefreewindow.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Sally. Thanks for writing in. Hm, I'm not sure if part of the frame broke or not. It doesn't look like it, as it looks like a very clean hole. Could you confirm this for me?

If nothing broke, then something is missing. Could you check an identical window in the house that may still have its hardware? If so, we can use that as a reference. Many thanks.

Hi Bob, here's you go. Hopefully this will help. I recently bought this house, so trying to get the windows to work. It seems to be missing the foot? or whatever that thing is called.
Thanks!

Sally
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Carefree2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the reply, Sally. We're getting there! I'd really like to see the pivot bar out of the sash, if that's possible. Looking at this photo, I am reminded of our 26-424, which has a similar design, but I'm not sure about the rest of it. 

Now, that only covers the pivot bar. We can't replace the piece missing from the sash that holds it in. I am afraid that is not something we can replace. To be honest, it looks like they have a separate plate or something that performs this function. Could you confirm? Many thanks.

Profile picture of Bob

That sounds like the plate I was talking about. I would check with a local hardware store to see if maybe something could be fashioned to work in the same capacity. It doesn't look too complex, so hopefully a local professional could whip something up for you. Sorry we couldn't be of more help!

Hi Bob,
I believe that part is what I'm missing. The 26-424.
However, I'm also missing the sash that holds it in. So I guess it's not going to be possible to fix, without getting a whole new window. And carefree is no longer in business, so I'm going to probably just going to have to be o.k. with the window not being able to stay open, without having a device to hold it in place.
Thanks
Sally
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.