Missing channel balance

A quick learner from Seattle says:
I have two windows that have missing channel balances in my house. the photos are of one of the a window that is is non tilting and the measurements are 32" tall for the entire windows and 15.5" for the moveable part. For the 2nd window the dimensions are 52" tall with the moveable part being 25". Both windows are the same type (Insulate 200, PWG-M-122)

Thanks so much,
Rudy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200607_180041.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200607_181235.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200607_181254.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Rudy. Without the original balances to use as a reference, it will be exceptionally difficult for us to ID what you need. Do you have any window in the house that still has all its hardware? Even if they're a different size, as long as they're the same make it would give us something to go off of.

A quick learner from Seattle says:
I was able to get the bottom part with an ID number from one window in the house (see Photo), several of the plastic catches for removal of the channel balances broke off in order to be able to get this!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200614_132859.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble getting this photo. It is a huge help, however, but I'm afraid I have more homework for you. What you're showing me here is a special rivetless-type of channel balance. You'll note that the bottom nylon fitting isn't held to the metal channel using rivets, but instead a sort of pin that plugs into it.

None of our stock balances can replace this. These have to be a custom order. Before we can go anywhere else, I'll need the following information.

First, please tell me the height of the visible glass for both the window that's missing its balances and the window that still has its balances, which you're showing me here. The balance you show here is 23-7/8" long, so my hope is that I can use that length and its visible glass height to determine what size you need for the sash that's missing it's hardware.

Next, I will need you to remove this balance from the window and show me two additional photos: I need to see the top nylon fitting and the metal hook at the end of the cord. If you feel like you might break something to remove it, please don't force it. I don't want you to damage anything. However, these photos are necessary in order to proceed. We won't be able to help without them.

Finally, please tell me the exact weight of the sash for the window that's missing its balances. This will allow me to determine how strong the springs need to be.

That should be all we need for now, but I may also need more depending on what you get back to me with. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.