Missing piece

A quick learner from Florida says:
Hi. I purchased home and noticed there is a large gap located above where the stationary door and sliding door meet to form a seal. There is no manufacturing name so I do not know the company who made this door. Do you know of any piece I could use to seal this gap up? Thank you so much!

window gap
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You mentioned that this piece is the top of the door. I do see a gap at the header. I can't be sure, but your top guide looks worn on one side perhaps because the door is too low in the track. Try adjusting the bottom rollers on the active door. I think the top of your door is just catching the top rail on the main frame, so adjusting the rollers may help with that.

If you want to replace that guide it might be something like our 86-025. I'm not sure if you want to do it yourself, since the door will need to be taken off the track and it's not an easy job. You may want the help of a local professional.

Also take a look at the 80-042 and 80-043. I'm not sure if these will fit your door track, so look them over and see what you think. These are made to go on the stationary door at the interlock where the two doors meet, at the top of the track in the center. See if you can use either of these to close that gap.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)