Missing Top Sash Guides

A quick learner from 33625 says:
Hello -
I am trying to replace side window balances in a 48" wide window. I ordered the balances from your company, and we followed the instructions, but the window was not able to grab and hold on to the balance once it was placed into the frame. When we pulled the window sash down, the balances did not move down as the window was lowered. as we compared to other windows in the house, it appears that a small plastic "cap" is missing from both sides of the window. see photos - red circle shows a different window, and what the cap looks like when the window is down. Blue circle shows the window that has no cap, and you can see the window balance is high above the window sash. Do you have the small caps that fit into the space to allow the balance to be pulled down with the sash?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Inkedwindow sash 2 _LI.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named InkedWindow sash 1_LI.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This piece is called a Top Sash Guide. When these break, due to wear or sunlight, the channel balance shoots past the sash. We can replace these, but we have a wide array of them as you can see here, so please remove an undamaged one and give us good pictures of it from the front and side. That should narrow down what you need. 

Thank you - very helpful - here are two pictures of a top sash guide that I removed - it is damaged on the top in that part of the top is chipped out, but it is still working and it was convenient for me to get. I hope you can use this one. I took two pic angles next to a ruler to show the size. I need two of these, but would like to order more, as it seems that I may need to replace in other windows since they are all the same age. this one was taken from the left side of a window, just in case that matters.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named cap pic 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named cap pic 2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I think this will do! Looks like the top of our 18-161 Norandex Top Sash Guide to me. Take a look and see if you agree. 

Looks good to me. I will order a pair and see if they work. Thanks!
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.