Missing window latch

A contractor from Boise says:
Hello

I have two of these windows that are missing the window latch part for these locks.

Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what to recommend as a replacement. It's hard to identify this kind of lock without seeing the complete mechanism out of the window. Too much is obscured the way these are installed.

You can start by looking at our 38-205 locking handle. See if this matches yours. If not, you will need to remove the existing lock and send us some photos of it so we can see if it is still available.

A home owner from Hillsborough, NC says:
The 38-205 appears to be the correct replacement latch for my casement window. I don't see an indication of "Left" or "Right." Mine would be a right-handed, assuming direction is determined the same way I'd determine a door.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window Latch.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The 38-205 can work on either side interchangeably. That said, I feel like our 38-209 might be a closer match. Look this over and see what you think. This can also work as both a left and right hand lock.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.