Mobile home storm window latches

A home owner from Indiana, USA says:
I am so glad I found your site. I ordered 91-001P and it does not fit (I put that in pics for comparison). I got back on your awesome website and started looking, and I found this amazing form! So cool! Please let me know what part you think I need. The tip is busted off mine on both sides, so the window won't stay in. I will buy it in a metal version if you have it. If not, I can do plastic. This home was made in 1996 if that helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221031_161803.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221031_161809.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221031_161925.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, and for your kind words! It's always nice to hear when someone finds our site helpful.

In the case of your storm window latch, I would say that the best option our on our site is the 91-158. We also sell the 91-159 for the opposite side. However, this might not be an exact match and I am not 100% sure that it will work for your application.

Storm windows in general have been dying off for decades and replacement parts are getting harder and harder to get a hold of. That's just the reality of the industry right now, unfortunately; ever since vinyl windows became common installations, nobody really wants to buy or make storms anymore.

For now, I recommend reviewing the dimensions we show for the 91-158 to see how well they compare to your original part. If they don't line up then I don't recommend trying it, at least not yet. Your next step should be to check with shops near you to see if there's anyone who still makes storm windows. They won't be easy to find by any means but I think trying to track down such a shop would be your best bet in this case. They might have older stock that is unavailable to stores like ours.

Alternate image for 91-158
Alternate image for 91-158

Dimensions for 91-158
Dimensions for 91-158

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.