Model "C" bifold closet door parts

A contractor from Eugene Oregon says:
I am looking for part for old bifold metal closet doors. The back of the doors says For further information or spare parts write: P.O.box AC, City of Industry, Calif. 91749 [Refer to Model "C" Door]. I have a house full of these type of closet doors and they struggle to open smoothly. I think I need the nylon cap that goes on the bottom guide post.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I am afraid your photos did not upload properly. Could you resend them to us again? If you are having trouble submitting your photos onto this forum, you may email them to help@swisco.com and we can manually upload them for you. Just be sure to include your reference somewhere on your email, D135385. 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us with that information. Unfortunately, this is not enough information to help identify what replacement nylon cap can be recommended. We will need to see photos of the current pin and cap being used, along with some detailed measurements. From there, we will do all we can to find what you need. 

I am trying to figure out what type of door this is and what is the part number for the nylon cap that fits on the end of the bottom pin.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named closet.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Closet 2.jpg

Thanks for your help with this. I have attached three pictures with measurements. I am hoping to find the type of pin and if I can purchase it from you. Also do the pin and cap come separate or is it one unit?

Todd

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3closet pin.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2 Closet pin.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1 closet pin.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you, Todd! This is exactly what we needed to see. Now for the actual hard part, which is finding a match for it. Bifold doors aren't exactly popular these days. 

Start by looking at our 21-001 pivot. This has a threaded top, a notched bottom, it's 5/16" in diameter and it has a 3/8" diameter top cap. What do you think about this one? Is your nylon cap also 3/8" in diameter? That may end up being the deciding factor

Let me know what you think. If it differs in any significant way, or if you otherwise don't think it will work, let me know and we will do our best to find something else.

Thanks for your help. This looks like the right one.

Todd
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Awesome! Good to hear. Thanks for your business and please let me know if you ever need anything else.

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.