Mortise

Home Owner from Huddleston, Virginia
May 13, 2024 10:33 pm

Good morning,

I was working with Josh, I do not know what make or model sliding glass door I have. Thank, JamesĀ 

IMG_0096 IMG_0098 IMG_0100
3 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 14, 2024 2:25 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Unforutnately, we can't be sure without seeing the original assembly but the 82-218 would install in a cutout like the one shown in your photos. This mortise lock is also notorious for falling inside the door frame during installation since the mounting tabs attach inside the frame. 

If that is what happened and the dimensions below match your cutout, then I agree that it would be our best option based on the information provided. We've also related the keepers used with this mortise for you to look over. If you decide to give it a try and run into any problems, our return policy can be found here.  

Profile view of 82-218
Profile view of 82-218

Opposite side view 82-218
Opposite side view 82-218

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts