Mortise Lock

A home owner from Concord, CA says:

I received the 82-243 Stainless Steel Mortise Lock, Round Face but as you can see from the photos this item is too long. The screw holes match but the base won't fit into the slot in the door as the part is too long. I am unable to lengthen the current slot in the door because it will affect the screw holes.

Diane 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0796.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_73f.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_73b.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_73e.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_73a.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Diane. We get this question all the time. The 82-243 will still work for you, but you have to put it in at an angle. It's made to be tight so that it's securely in place. I recommend watching the video below, which shows you how we do it.

How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.