Mortise Lock

A quick learner from USA says:
I bought 82-081 : Keyed Mortise Style Handle Set, 4-15/16" for my previous slider with key lock from Swisco and installed it and apparently my "mortise lock" is the problem.

Something is going on making the lock stick when locking when the slider is not closed. Seems like when it's closed is doesn't do that. Also, the key won't turn at all so that seems to be jammed. Before I got the new parts from my latest order, the key just spun freely. Does it sound like swapping out the mortise make sense?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It does sound like it could be a mortise problem, but there is one sure-fire way to check. I recommend using a flat head screwdriver to attempt to throw the mortise manually. If it still hangs up, then you found your culprit. The 82-238 can replace it.

If it works fine, though, then something's up with the handle. Check the key lock to make sure it's oriented properly in the handle. Sometimes they can come askew during installation.

Thanks for the reply! I have a new one ordered. Could you please explain how to use the screwdriver in more detail? I'd like to give that a try.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, you pretty much just pop it in that square hole and turn it, just like you're locking/unlocking the door. As long as the blade of the screwdriver is wide enough it should do the same thing--assuming it's still functional, of course.

Ohhhh ok. Understood. Thank you!
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.