Mortise lock

A quick learner from USA says:
Picture of lock need to replace

Nose of latch needs to face up
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2531_thumb.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry, but I'm unable to clearly discern the mortise lock from this picture; it's just a bit too pixelated for me to see. I have a few guesses based off the basic profile, but I'd rather have a little more to go off to be certain. Could you provide a clearer picture of the lock? That would help us narrow down the possibilities. Many thanks.

Here is hopefully a clear picture so you can tell me what lock part I need to order. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2533.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2534.JPG
Profile picture of Bob

These pictures look much better, thank you. We'd like for you to take a look at our 82-226 and 82-227 mortise locks. Carefully compare your measurements with each of these parts to see which of these locks would make the better replacements. 

Profile picture of Bob
Alternate image for 82-226
Alternate image for 82-226

Above are the measurements of the 82-226. Based on the measurements you have provided, a great deal of your measurements are a match. This appears that it may work. What are your thoughts?

Bob, My lock measures: 1) from top screw to bottom screw 4 5/8;
2) back plate is 5 1/8 and is narrow, rectangular; 3) the cutout, inset
in the door is oval and 6 1/8.

Would 82-226 mortise work? Also, assume lock latch faces/catches uo,
correct?

Thanks,
Joe
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think it'll be fine. The cavity where your old mortise goes doesn't appear to contour to that square shape so you should have plenty of room to work. 

Bob,

Agree that measurements seem to match up; my backplate is narrow,
rectangular; the 82-226 backplate is oval. Is this a problem or do you
think it will work?

Thanks,
Joe
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.