Mortise lock needed?

A quick learner from Kentucky says:
If I buy the keyed sliding door handle set 82-087, can I use my existing mortise lock, which is 3 1/8"? Also, the thumb latch on the photo for 82-087 moves to the right, but my existing thumb latch moves to the left (away from the door frame). Does that matter?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The 82-087 is not handed and can be installed on a door that opens to the left or right. To confirm if the 82-087 would work with your current hardware, we would need to see photos of your handle set and mortise lock. Thank you!

Actually, my question is not whether the door can open to the left or the right, it is that in a door opening on the right, the same as you picture, the thumb latch shown on your site swings to the right toward the door frame. My existing one swings to the left, away from the door frame. For the other question, here is the photo of the mortise lock.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3982.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3957.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

You should be able to just install the thumb latch facing the opposite direction as long as you can line it up with the 82-218 mortise lock insert, which appears to be a match to your original lock and is compatible with the 82-087. Thank you. 

Many thanks
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.