Mortise lock parts

A home owner says:
Hi, can you tell me what kind of latch will work with a Mortise Lock, 4-5/8" Product Code: 82-226 (similar to whats in door now) I have a patio door in a new house that never had the latch side installed. handle in on door but nothing to lock into. thanks for your help.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us, Craig. I'm not sure what you mean exactly when you say "latch." Do you mean the strip of metal installed in the jamb that the 82-226 secures to? If so, this part is known as a "keeper." There are a lot of possible keepers that can work with the 82-226, and I am not sure which you need. A few examples are our 89-020, 89-021, and 89-021D. Do any of these look familiar? If not, please take a few pictures of the lock and jamb (where the keeper installs) and we can try to work from there.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)