Mortise not removing

A quick learner from Lathrop, CA says:
Hi, I'd like to purchase a replacement mortise. Before I do so, I'd be truly grateful if I can learn how to remove the existing mortise. Note: I attached a photo for reference. Note: while the photo doesn't show it, I did remove both sides of the handle and all screws, however, I haven't been able to pull the existing mortise from the door :( Any/all help in how I can do this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brad
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A66AD661-BFF5-40C0-AA5D-6F759366C6F7.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, I think you should check out the video we have on how to install this exact part. You can see that the mortise has to kind of snap in place; it's made to be a tight fit, so if you find that you can't remove it even after you remove the screws, that's probably why. Just make sure you have a firm grip on that hook or else it'll fall into the door. Once that happens, there's no getting it out. It'll stay in that door 'till Judgement Day.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.