Most of the doors' plastic parts are broken and therefore get hung on the screw heads in the rails.

A home owner from Tigard, Oregon says:
Without the plastic parts keeping the sliding pins off the bottom (or top) of the rails, the doors stop a the screw heads in the rails and this keeps them from fully closing. It also makes it very difficult to open the doors.

Besides the label, there's a ink stamp of "Aug 22 1978" on the inside of one of the doors. I purchased the house in July of 2019, but it was built in 1978.

Any chance of matching these parts? There are a total of 5 folding doors in the house. If you think you can match the parts close enough for them to work, I'd like to try one set to see if they work, and if they do, then get them for the other four doors. (Or get them all at once if I can return them for a refund if they don't work out.)

Any chance of a match? Otherwise, I will have to replace all the doors and rails. The (two) doors themselves measure 35 1/2" x 93".

I'm handy enough to remove and replace the parts, and even enough to replace the doors if I have too, so I'm not looking for a contractor, just the parts.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom Pivot Point.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom Sliding Point1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Kinkead Industries, Inc. Float-Away Door
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top Pivot.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Room Side.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! I think we can help, yes. The brand of your bifold door appears to be Float-Away, which is a good sign. We carry a few parts for that brand. See our 21-022 guide pin, as well as our 21-023 bottom pivot and 212-024 top pivot. I think these may be what you're looking for, but review our photos and info and let me know if you have any doubts.

A home owner from Tigard, Oregon says:
Great news! I ordered two 21-022 guide pins and replaced the damaged ones on the bottom of two troublesome doors, and now both open and close!!

Thank you for your part identifier service!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's fantastic news! Thank you so much for confirming. We also appreciate you ordering with us, it means a lot. We're happy to help if you ever need anything in the future. Feel free to drop us a line!

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.