How to install 80-110?

A quick learner from Cambridge, MA says:
This will be used as the top rail for a rolling screen door. It will be installed inside the top edge of a wood frame. What is your recommendation for the best way to mount this to the wood frame? There is already a track on the bottom for the wheels on the bottom of the screen door.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200713_115327.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200713_115304.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for your patience during our busy season. Hopefully I can help.

First you will need to match up the location of the top track with the lower screen door track. Follow the lower track rail to where it hits the side jamb of the door, following it up to the top location were you will need to install the top track. Then I would suggest using one 33-089 screw (or equivalent) at each end so that it will not interfere the top of the screen door, as well as another one in the middle. 

If the middle screw interferes with the top of the door you will need to use a flat head screw like the 33-110 and counter sink it so it will be flush in the track. I would drill into the metal track first with a 9/64 size drill bit so that the screw can pass through the metal easily and into the wood header.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.