Mounting screws for the 84-074

A quick learner from Arlington, Virginia says:
Does this come with the two mounting screws that go at each end? If not, what size screw will fit this product? I bought a similar product only to find that it came without mounting screws. The holes were a nonstandard size, and I could not find a screw to fit them. The product was useless.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 84-074 screen door roller does not come with screws. The reason for this is because it's used by many patio screen door manufacturers, all of whom use different sized screws. It's not feasible to package the 84-074 with screws because they would only work for a small percentage of customers. Your best bet is to reuse what you had in the door originally. If you don't have the original screws, then it will be a little trickier. Your screw might have a #6 thread like our 33-071, but you mention that yours isn't a normal size. Without having the original screw on hand I'm not sure what to recommend.
A quick learner from Arlington Va says:
Thanks. I still have the old screws, but the problem is that they are too large for the holes on the new roller assemblies that I bought from another company. It is the holes on the roller assembly that are the problem, not the holes on the screen door. Do you know what size screws fit the holes on your 84-074 screen door roller?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 33-071 #6 screw will fit the screw-holes in our 84-074. Let me know if you need anything else.
A professional from CA says:
33-010 would be a better bet. That roller requires longer screws. Just be careful you don't run the screw right into the wheel (I did that once, I don't recommend it). You have to figure out the right length for your door. I've seen several options.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.