My new Pado lock doesn't fit

A quick learner from California says:

I purchased a wood pull part number 88-001 and sliding door keyed handle set 82-008K. It appears that the locking peace which extends to the keeper is higher than the existing hole on the door and the keeper is positioned down.

In addition there was no instructions.

I have attached photos of the old and new wood pull

and sliding door keyed handle set. In photo Lock 7 the opening is lower

than the lock. I hope this will help trying to find a solution.

Thank you for your time.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Guray SLIDING DOOR LOCK Photo 7.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Guray SLIDING DOOR LOCK 6.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Guray SLIDING DOOR LOCK 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Guray SLIDING DOOR LOCK 2KEEPER.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Guray SLIDING DOOR LOCK 1.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sorry to hear the 82-008K didn't work for you. If the issue is just the orientation of the hook, see our 82-002K. The hook on this points upward on this lock, which might be more compatible with what you need. If you think the lock is just in an altogether bad position though, show us a clearer picture of how your old hook protrudes from your lock set, and we'll do our best to assist. 

How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.