My new double hook mortise lock doesn't lock

A home owner from oregon says:
I was hoping these parts would work but they are not. The double hook mortise lock looks just like the one I am replacing that is defective, but the release tab is not hitting the striker plate properly to allow the lock lever to move, so I can't lock the door. And the latch level won't fit in my handle. So I am disappointed that they don't work, but I am hoping that you could go ahead and send the multi point striker, maybe I can get it to work by putting a spacer under it.

pic of new lock installed in door and old striker plate. The part in between the levers is the piece that the pivot point of the lever fits in. The new lever is not round at the pivot
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WElls 4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named wells 3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named wells 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Wells 1.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with our hardware. Let's address the thumb lever first, which is the easier of the two problems.

The manufacturer changed the design of their handle many years ago. To keep it brief, the older style was pretty wide while the newer style, the 82-080, is a lot skinnier. The thumb lever we sell, 82-240, is designed to fit on the skinny version. It seems to always have a lot of trouble sitting in the older, wider one. The only solution to that unfortunately is to replace the entire handle set with the newer version. I know that's more than what you wanted to do but I don't think the older style thumb lever is around anymore. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Concerning the mortise, I have heard this issue a few times in the past. The 82-238 is designed to work with the 89-030, which is 1/2" thick. Is yours the same size?

Looking through some old threads, another possibility could be your jamb bowed out. This could have happened if the installers made the screws too tight without shimming behind the frame. You can try using a few washers to build up the keeper. Even if your frame isn't bowed that should fix the issue anyway.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.