NAPCO Crankout casement window.

A quick learner from Doylestown, PA. - Bucks County says:

While open the window was struck by a riding mower. The small black part that holds the crank mechanism in the channel rim was broken as was the small metal piece with the small bend in it to fit under the channel where it rides or travels in.

Can't find anyone to repair and replace this window part. Too small a job we're told. Is there any chance you would have this part or mechanism? I would be willing to purchase the entire mechanical mechanism if I have to. Would you know anyone in our area that repairs this sort of thing?

Thank you in advance for anything you could do to help. We are selling our home soon and must fix this.

Jim

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 70092526-63DF-4C16-8F9B-238A1342194E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E68D6A06-7BA9-4C15-86A5-B0DED54062AD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 53717385-9F4C-4C1C-9327-4E7FC9F63F6B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CA08BD4A-D83D-43CB-9DE4-8A2900516FB5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B715B976-B7C1-4401-B756-9A6B03DE8BA1.jpeg
A quick learner from Doylestown, PA. - Bucks County says:
The bottom arm attached to the sash with the channel that the black plastic piece and metal piece slide on is 13 inches long. I could only find on your site a 10" long and a 14" long piece that attaches to the sash with the black plastic piece that slides along the channel on each piece.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C706ADFF-D574-4B7B-B64C-22EC14C49E0C.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Jim. We don't sell components to casement hinges separately; when they break, they're really meant to be replaced entirely, since it's always recommended that the entire hinge set is replaced at the same time. Now, it's true we don't carry a hinge set that is 13" in size; but we've had people successfully use our 14" hinge sets, like the 36-004-14, instead. I can't guarantee this will work for your window, but I'm afraid it's the best option we have. I'm afraid we don't have any contacts in your immediate area, but a local handyman should be able to assist you in this sort of project. Best of luck in your repairs.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.