NEED HELP MAKING SURE I ORDER THE RIGHT STUFF.

A handy person from CALIFORNIA says:
I NEED TO REORDER THE CHANNEL BALANCE, SINCE THE FIRST ONES I ORDER UNDER ORDER 1660067 WERE NOT ORDERED AT THE CORRECT LEGNTH. I WAS GOING TO REORDER THE SAME ITEM AS BEFORE (S385) BUT NOTICES SOME DIFFRANCES IN THE PLASTIC PIECES. SO IM SEND SOME PICTURE OF THE ORIGINAL BALANCES TO MAKE SURE I ORDER THE CORRECT STUFF. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY OTHER PICTURES AS I NEED TO ORDER THESE TODAY. THANK YOU
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named track 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named track 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named track 9.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named track 10.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named track 11.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sorry to hear the 17" Series 385 balances you ordered weren't the right fit. The video below shows how to correctly ID the right balance length. Now, as far as the right balance series goes, it all comes down to the depth of that bottom nylon shoe. If it's just 1" deep, you might need our Series 380 instead. See the image below for reference. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Thank you for the reply, the original one i have measures 1 1/4". Is that equivalent to the 1 3/64?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. That is a bit unusual. May we see the front of your balance for the stamp code on the metal channel? And can you show us the nylon fittings from that same angle? We'll do our best to confirm this from here.

Stamp code reads 26-4
Profile picture of Paul

Hello again. I actually think your balance is a special design that has to be custom ordered. It's a standard 27" metal channel with a 19-005 top, but where it differs from our other Series is that it has a 15-003 bottom, which is not a stock part.

We can custom make this for you, but first I would like you to look over the 15-003 to confirm that it matches. If you agree, then please also tell me how many you needed to buy. I will then email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site.

Paul, please let me know so we can move forward with this order. I have been trying to get this for almost a month now. I was ordering qty of 12. Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you
Profile picture of Paul

Sure thing, I'll email you a purchase link now for 12 of these. You can use that to add them to your cart. Let me know if you had any questions.

Paul. i noticed that the 15-003 botttoms do not have the wings, like the ones i have... is this going to be a problem?
Profile picture of Paul

Oh, I'm sorry for not mentioning that. I think it will be fine, once the balance is installed you shouldn't notice a difference.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.