NEED TO IDENTIFY---balance spring 3 internal springs

A handy person from Ladson ,south carolina says:

this is a tilt window

looking to identify part number of counter balance shown in photo. Is there a left and right or universal . Note the markings indicate a weight of 12

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named front  .jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top    .jpg
A handy person from Ladson ,south carolina says:
ERROR the number stamped on the 3 coil white plastic assembly is #15 (not 12 as on my other windows)

my bad
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This looks like a housing assembly similar to our 15-252. Though it's tough to say for sure while it's still installed, I feel pretty confident that this is a match and I think it should be the first thing you look at. This is designed to work with the 1/2" wide Series 160 coil spring (sold separately).

With a marking of 12, that tells me that you have a 24 pound sash (12 pounds of support on each side). You may want to weigh it just to be 100% sure.

With that in mind, I recommend using a 5.5 pound and 6.5 pound spring on each side. That would be our S160-5 and S160-6, respectively. That will add up to 12 pounds of support per side, which will hopefully be just what you need.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.