Need 1/2" x 22" balance with number 2150j

A home owner from Woodland CA 95695 says:
I found 2150 J on the part.
The metal is 22" long.
I also need the guide shown in picture 4523
The units are 1/2 across and 9/16" deep.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4536.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4538.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4543.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4523.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4533.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your photos. Based on what I see here, you have either our S351-22 or S390-22, depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. That's the only difference between them. I recommend measuring your shoe and referring to our dimensions to confirm the best match.

We also sell the 18-008 top sash guide, which appears to match your original.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
A home owner from Woodland CA 95695 says:

Thank you for your reply.

I received four of the S-390 units and they fit perfectly.

Further investigation revealed that I have 7 additional windows that need S-390 units.

These windows are smaller and six of the windows have the 2140J code instead of 2150J.

One window has a 2140 W code.

Do I need a different unit for this window?

Thanks,

Don 

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Don! I'm glad to hear that they worked. As for these other windows, it sounds like they're the same length balances (S390-22) but with a different weight calibration. Since you said that these windows are smaller, it would make sense that they're lighter, too.

Two balances with a 2140 stamp, which is what you have here, can carry a sash weight of 15 through 23 pounds. Don't worry about the "W" and "J" after each stamp, those don't really matter in your case. I think those are just manufacturer brandings and have no influence on the calibration of the spring. The only thing you need to worry about are the numbers.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.