Need Channel Balanaces for 26"H x 33.5"W Window

A quick learner from Oakland CA says:
Hi Swisco,

I am attempting to replace the channel balances on a window in which the broken channel balances were thrown out by a previous tenants. I don't have the old channel balances to use as a reference. However, the window sash did have a sticker in it and I have attached a photo of that sticker to this post. The window is approximately 26 inches tall by 33.5 inches wide. My best guess is that the channel balances are 24 or 25" long (metal only) but perhaps it is something you can determine by the sticker? Bob had been super helpful for me in the past.

On a side note, I ordered your series 380 channel balances for my last job along with some spare 15-004 shoes in case the stock ones were the wrong size. The shoes were in fact the wrong size, and the 15-004 shoes were the correct size. However, I noticed that the shoes were attached the channel balances by rivets. Since I didn't know how to attach the second set of shoes without rivets, I just ended up used the stock shoes that came installed on the channel balances. I

t would be good to know for future reference how I should attach alternative shoes to a pair of stock channel balances. Do you recommend any particular tools or fastening parts in order to accomplish this should I need to do so in the future?

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 788293EE-96FF-4EBC-9BF9-278AB4251E76.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C850CBB7-AFDE-449C-AB7B-EC5E30253218.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 18359B8E-D0FD-4A15-8A63-6AAE43096DFF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 846892D7-36A9-45DC-B6C5-D312ABC6486D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C6B8504E-C223-4499-B3A1-6C4817164E89.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

If the balances you originally purchased worked except for the shoe being too small, take a look at our S385 with the same 19-005 top as our S380 but with the larger 15-004 attachment with a depth of 1-3/32". Thank you!

Hi Casey,

Thank you for the reply, but that doesn't really answer my question. You sell shoes by themselves, so there should be a way to install them on to channel balances. That is the information I need to know. Buying a second set of channel balances is not really a good solution. I'd rather be able to swap out the shoes if and when necessary. What I am looking for is a recommendation for a riveting tool or other fastening system so that I can install the shoes on to channel balances if and when needed.

I trust there is also someone who can answer my first question regarding the channel balances that I am currently seeking. The 15-005 shoes were larger than the stock 380 channel balance shoes. Based on the amount of play the sash has inside the window frame, I think the series 385 channel balances with the 15-005 shoes will be a good match for this window with the missing channel balances. I just need to know the size and stamp most appropriate for this window based on the dimensions and sticker information I previously provided. If any other information would help in choosing channel balances, I would be happy to provide it.

Thank you!

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

We've recommended our 62-005 rivets and 75-075 riveting tool if you find yourself needing to swap out the balance shoes of the balances you installed. 

As I mentioned in my original recommendation, the S385 would be the balance you're looking for with a larger bottom attachment that would eliminate the play you've noticed with the S380 balances you ordered. To confirm you have the correct length, you can measure the height of the visible glass in your window sash and add an inch, which will provide the balance length you need. To choose the spring strength option, you'll need to weigh the window sash and follow the cart under the S385 balance description for the length you need. 
Hi Kasey,

Beautiful! That is 100% everything I needed to know. Thank you so much for your help! I will go back and measure the glass and weight of the window in order to choose the correct channel balances and I will order them through your website.

Thanks again!
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a channel balance attachment
How to replace a channel balance attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.